Followers

Friday, April 23, 2021

Just Dust

There was quite an accumulation of dust on the stone mantel with all of the ducks and miscellaneous other things there. The complete chimney of bricks all needed to be vacuum brushed and the dust that clings to them removed. It took us all morning. Piece by piece each was taken to the sink for either a bath, a wiping down or a polish. The Mister was able to use the small shop vac to help when I was taking care of the items. We do this once a year. Only once a year! At our age it seems to be more labor-intensive every time. I take pictures to establish just when it is done and how I like it arranged. They really don't do the individual items justice but I'm not showcasing them, just cleaning. That's OK. It's a good feeling to have completed the project. 

"Why Dust?"


Dust if you must, but wouldn’t it be better

to paint a picture or write a letter,

bake a cake or plant a seed.

Ponder the difference between want and need.


Dust if you must, but there is not much time,

with rivers to swim and mountains to climb!

Music to hear, and books to read,

friends to cherish and a life to lead.


Dust if you must, but the world’s out there

with the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,

a flutter of snow, a shower of rain,

this day will not come ‘round again.


Dust if you must, but bear in mind,

old age will come and it’s not kind.

And when you go, and go you must,

You, yourself, will make more dust!

       ~Author unknown to me~

3 comments:

  1. That poetry is awesome.
    Enjoyed these photos VERY much. So warm, cozy, and above all...home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this! I need to make time to do this. My basement also. I always say I will make time but never get it done. I have a lot of nice books that need to be dusted. The ones I am reading don't have dust on them thanks goodness! Just finished the book "Yes To Life" by Victor Frankl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom used to say, "The dust will be there long after you are gone !"

    ReplyDelete