Followers

Monday, October 19, 2020

Bread in My New Pot

My new small bread baker pot was put to work today. I used 1/2 of a recipe and I must tell you it was a fun journey for me. I did the Italian version.

First of all it went into the cold oven like it was supposed to, and I had just turned on the heat when I realized I forgot the sugar! Oh well, I continued on waiting for the time to pass and pulled it out to cool. It smelled wonderful. I flipped it over onto cooling rack and it was all I could do to NOT take a bite before I took the pictures. Let me tell you - THIS IS BREAD! It's not pretty, but wow is it good! Of course it was tasted!! The omission of sugar wasn't major. We'll have it with supper, probably buttered and dipped into cream of tomato soup. Next, of course I plan to experiment with other concoctions, even pot pies, scalloped vegetables and baked apples. Oh the choices! I intend to look for more and different easy bread recipes as well. 

please click on image to view larger

RECIPE for ONE small bread baker pot.                  Enough for two people.

Bread Crock Recipe For Two


Plain Recipe Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

1/4 cup sugar

*6 oz. of soda (any kind or anything with carbonation)

Do not over mix!

*(6 oz. of lemon lime soda (which is a neutral flavor) for Italian Style Bread)


Added Ingredients for

Italian style bread:

1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder

1 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes

1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese


Do not over mix!


Remember to adjust the added ingredients

to your own taste preferences. (I did with the parm cheese!)


Instructions:

Mix ingredients in separate bowl

Grease the crock with vegetable shortening

Add mix to bread crock

Place in oven and heat to 350° F

(Do NOT pre-heat oven)

Bake 45-50 minutes or less until the top is turning brown.




Click on link below

A little background here


2 comments:

  1. If it's bread for a complimentary side (with soup, etc.) I'd prefer no sweet added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think that bread looks yummy. Yes, butter that and have some stew. LOL Enjoy your bread. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete