Followers

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Bread For Two #3

My brother visited today with a photo project for me to do for him. As he entered the cabin he remarked about how good it smelled in here. I had just pulled the little bread maker pot from the oven. While he and the Mister chatted I did the photo work and then sliced the bread. The heel was cut and a dab of butter added and shared with my brother. He raved!  Well, he went home with the recipe. He thinks he'll try using it in a little cast iron pot he has. As I vary the recipe each time I make a little loaf, I gave him the one of today but explained that any additions of flavors and herbs can be changed. 

Today's Recipe:

  • 1 1/2 Cups Self-Rising Flour
  • 1/8 Cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan/Romano Cheese
  • 6 oz.  Beer (I used Michelob Ultra, my beer of choice) Any other will do.
Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl. Add beer. Mix but DON'T overmix. Spoon out into pre-greased bread baker and pop into COLD oven. Set temperature control at 350° and start timing when oven reaches that temperature. Bake about 45 minutes. Remove and cool in the pot on a rack. Spill out of the pot after about 10 minutes onto another cooling rack. Slice when almost completely cooled. 

YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Bud experimented with beer bread long ago...it wasn't the best bread we made. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the "special baker container" that makes it so good!

    ReplyDelete