Two for this show! I had previously made this in early September and baked it in a larger Pyrex dish. Today was two loaves instead of one in large shallow dish.RECIPE
YIELD: 2 Loaves
Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 package (3.4 oz.) instant lemon pudding mix
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 4 large eggs
• 1 1/4 cups milk
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon lemon extract
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium sized zucchini's)
• 1/4 cup poppy seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. *Spray two 9x5 loaf pans with nonstick spray.
2. *Shred two zucchini's using a food processor with shredder attachment.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and lemon extract.
5. Pour lemon mixture into dry ingredients and mix until JUST COMBINED! Do not OVER MIX!
6. Fold in zucchini, lemon zest and poppy seeds. *I added 1 cup of ground walnuts.
7. Pour zucchini bread mixture into prepared loaf pans and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
* I lined both pans with Reynolds Release Foil.
* I pre-shredded one medium zucchini with a hand held grater. The food processor shreds too finely for my tastes. Had it in the freezer for about 2 months! Thawed and drained before use.
I bet this is so moist & delicious. You should consider making a cookbook!!ReplyDelete