It's OK to strive for perfection but I have learned through the years that it is rarely attainable and sometimes not even at all important! I didn't even strive for it today because I knew it wouldn't matter. It didn't! I found the recipe when looking to use up my frozen lemon juice and thought I'd try it. Since there really wasn't a pan size listed and the picture showed it in a bundt pan, I used my 11" x 14" pan. Yep! It became a beautiful sheet cake!
After I sliced it into 6 pieces I just stacked three with icing in between and called the project a success. Got two 4" square cakes now! They're not pretty. We don't care! The photos were taken before tasting but I can verify that the lemon three layer cake was light in texture and really full of flavor and very satisfying.
- Preheat oven 350°
- Grease and flour pan - 9"cake pan will do fine (I used large cake pan and had resulting cake like a sheet cake)
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together in small bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl on low or medium, not high.
- Add zest, juice, oil and milk until combined and then add flour mixture and beat on low until smooth.
- Pour into pan and bake approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool in pan then remove to dish. Ice or not, you choose. A dusting of confectioner's powder would do.
I love everything lemon!! We just finished a lemon meringue pie. Yum.ReplyDelete