Followers

Monday, September 14, 2020

Potter's Pots!

I just put together another onion mix in my fermentation pot. The last two batches were so good that we had to restrain ourselves from using them up in only two weeks after it took about two weeks for them to be ready! (I did give a tiny jarful away to a neighbor and will again.) They are especially good on grilled burgers and in tossed salads.

Now I wait to receive my first bread baker pot! The potter calls it Geraldine's Bread Baker as I helped design it as I imagined it should be. The dough should be easy to put into it and then be easy to remove the loaf when finished. He did the work and it looks good with his own take on the decorations and handles. The procedure was shown Sunday evening while live streaming the video. Well, his internet kept stalling and it was a bit painful to watch in the beginning, but then it straightened out and in the end, several were thrown and created. They will dry and then be ready for the first firing. Next they will be checked for cracks or flaws. The last step will be the glazing. I'm really excited about this and will start using mine as soon as I receive it! He had a give-away going and the winner was thrilled too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment