Followers

Friday, September 4, 2020

Winter Prep

 A friend sent over two of her zucchini breads when I was hobbling around on my walker due to the injured knee. They were in little tins and the perfect size to demolish quickly. Since then I have been accumulating the ingredients after requesting the recipe she used. I must say, this was an all-morning project for me but well worth it! This recipe produced a very large baked result as I didn't follow the directions exactly as listed and put my own twist on it. After our lunchtime treat, I packaged 1/4 for my grandson, 1/4 for a friend, and will package and freeze the rest to enjoy over the winter. Sometimes I feel like a squirrel! 

please click on image to view larger

YIELD: 2 Loaves *

Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread

PREP TIME: 25 minutes COOK TIME: 55 minutes

 

Ingredients

4 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

1 package (3.4 oz.) instant lemon pudding mix

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

4 large eggs

1 1/4 cups milk

1 cup vegetable oil

3 tablespoons lemon juice

1 teaspoon lemon extract

1 teaspoon lemon zest

2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium sized zucchini's)

1/4 cup poppy seeds


Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. *Spray two 9x5 loaf pans with nonstick spray.

2. *Shred two zucchini's using a food processor with shredder attachment.

3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

4. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and lemon extract.

5. Pour lemon mixture into dry ingredients and mix until JUST COMBINED! Do not OVER MIX!

6. Fold in zucchini, lemon zest and poppy seeds. *I added 1 cup of ground walnuts.

7. Pour zucchini bread mixture into prepared *loaf pans and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

NOTES………………………………………..

* I shredded one medium zucchini with a hand held grater. The food processor shreds too finely for my tastes.

* I lined a 10" x 15" pyrex glass pan with release foil instead of using two loaf pans. (Everyone who bakes or cooks needs one of these! I use it mostly for bread puddings!)

* I didn’t remove from pan after cooled. Sliced and packaged individual servings.

Internet Photo

2 comments:

  1. It was absolutely scrumpious 💝💝💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum. I've had lemon poppy seed muffins many times & loved it. Never had loaf breads this "flavor".

    ReplyDelete