Followers

Monday, September 21, 2020

A Dozen Galas Down

...and eleven Honey Crisps to go .....

 I processed four Galas a day for three days.  Remember I'm not young and agile now! These old hands still work but slowly. I pare by hand. Those automatic peelers take way too much meat from the skins and insides to suit me and I much prefer my method. I can sit and actually enjoy the work. It doesn't get overwhelming if I just do a few every day rather than dedicate the entire day to apples!

So here are the results. One pouch of dehydrated slices will be the correct amount for one large pie! Great pie, too!

click on image to view larger

Golly, it sure smells good in here!  I think perhaps a pie will soon be on the menu - and also an apple crisp. That oughta use up the Honey Crisps and then another trip to the orchard will be necessary! There will later be apple bread, apple muffins, apple dumplings and more. We'll end the season with applesauce, naturally. Lots of applesauce.



2 comments:

  1. You did a fine job baking. I love to smell apples and cinnamon . Apple crisp sounds very good to me. I would rather pare by hand, all those slicing dicing peeling coring things take too much time to clean up. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...at first I read "Glass" instead of Galas. Wondering what your title meant. I'll take a piece of that pie when you make it!!

    ReplyDelete