Followers

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Warm and Cozy

Last night's quiche for supper was delicious! I must tell you that the crumbled stale Italian bread at the bottom, on top of a pat of melted butter in the very old glass pie dish held it together nicely. The next layer was cooked, drained spinach and raw chopped onions. Then I poured 1 cup of half and half mixed in with 5 large eggs and a few shakes of Parmesan/Romano cheese over the top and finished off with about a cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. It baked at 350° for about 45 minutes. We ate half the pie!!! This is a "once in a while" meal. I never do it the same way twice!
Today it is snowing. We expect it to turn to freezing rain and perhaps ice later. I love being in this warm and cozy old log cabin. Comfort rules today! 
please click on image to view larger

3 comments:

  1. That storm looks treacherous to say the least. And, I thought it was cold where I WAS this morning.

    AND!! You have me drooling over this quiche. Looks divine. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! And I don't even want to turn oven on, been in 80's. Getting park directory picture taken in an hour.😊

    ReplyDelete