Followers

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Use and Juice

The three tomatoes that came yesterday were quite over-ripe. They couldn't be sliced so I skinned and tore them apart. My main mission this year is to save Oxheart seeds for next year. At first I thought I'd make stewed tomatoes but they were so juicy I just made juice. It is easy to do.
Yes, I popped a few pieces into my mouth.
 The result is 5 cups of juice, no water added!
I puréed the pieces in my blender.
Strained for removal of bits and seeds.
Added a little onion powder, celery salt, sugar, salt and pepper.
Brought to boil and simmered for 15 minutes.
Not canned, just stored in refrigerator to use soon.
It is TASTY!
please click on image to view larger


1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! Looks mighty fine! And those peaches in your previous posts...sweet (one of my favorite fruits).

    ReplyDelete