Followers

Friday, August 10, 2018

Heron Study

This morning I saw the heron on the other side of the lake and thought I could grab a shot of it flying. Well...I must not be a patient photographer. Sure enough, after waving my arms, rattling the wind chimes and moving about -  it simply would not fly away until a jogger ran by on the road. I had already given up and was back inside when this happened and it flew right on past my window. Anyway, I did see it hunting but not catching its prey, although it is back there again as I write. I must not be a true bird watcher! This series is like watching the big hand on a clock move.

please click on image to view larger

2 comments:

  1. Our blue heron does the same. He stands for what seems like hours and as soon as I put the binaculas down he flys off towards the dam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' this series. Yep, birding takes a lot of patience.

    ReplyDelete