Followers

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Hey! It's Winter!

So far we are very lucky to have a nicely warmed home. I will say that the bathroom is only +60° and that is because we keep the "back rooms" closed. Of course the bedroom ceilings are still open to the rafters but that's OK. 

I found this poem years ago and changed it to suit my state. I also have saved the graphic, and now have made it into a photomanipulation to show you what happened in the old days gone by. Ummmm.... Keep warm folks. Count your blessings. Mother Nature is in control even over Old Man Winter.

A Pennsylvania Poem

It’s winter in Pennsylvania
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh how I love Pennsylvania
When the snow’s up to your butt
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I’ll hang around
I could never leave Pennsylvania
‘Cause I’m frozen to the ground!


~orig. by Tom Weaver, MN~

please click on image to view larger

2 comments:

  1. Nice poem. It fits so well and hope you will stay warm and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your poem certainly applies to around here. It's about 17 degrees as I write this. Not a heat wave but better than 0. Excellent pics. I am so grateful for indoor plumbing! And yup, I'm going to a supermarket, at least I'm not working there anymore.

    ReplyDelete