Followers

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Frugal Baking

Have you ever cut a 21/2 pound acorn squash in half, cleaned it out, baked it on a cookie sheet in the oven, and when it was done, scooped it out, mashed it with butter, salt and pepper, cinnamon and brown sugar? If you have, you would understand exactly why I just could not throw away the remaining squash from Thanksgiving dinner. I was happy to see that there were two cups left over as that is what a pumpkin pie calls for. I didn't use white sugar because I had already put brown sugar in the squash dish. I much prefer to make a pumpkin pie with sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk but couldn't this time. It would have been way too sweet. I had also used cinnamon so I only had to add clove and ginger spices.  Sooooooooo, now we have a squash pie! YUM! 
please click on image to view larger
Yes, it was very tasty!! VERY.


2 comments: