Followers

Monday, November 13, 2017

In the Kitchen...

Morning cookies! Peanut butter and chocolate chip variety.
Now I better get my fanny in gear and make some coleslaw from scratch because my daughter brought me a large section of her huge cabbage head yesterday. I never can use the stuff sold in the stores because it is always too coarse for our taste and never has the flavor we like. I don't even have a recipe for mine and use exactly and only the ingredients my mother used - 1/2 head of finely chopped cabbage, one finely chopped carrot, real mayonnaise, a little half and half milk, apple cider vinegar, celery seed, salt and pepper and a touch of white sugar. It has to sit for at least a day to age a bit. Once in a great while, if I have a real lemon on hand I will use its juice instead of the vinegar. 
LATER...
please click on image to view larger
Yes, I got it in gear.

3 comments: