Followers

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Lemonaide

It is frustrating to look outside after the hard storm of last evening. Everything was cleaned up and raked on Friday and then the big catch basin filled up with leaves and debris and the small one did too. The mess is depressing. I was on the phone calling the road supervisors when the township truck and two men pulled up to survey the mess and clean out the basins. They didn't do any raking. Schools are closed and I imaging there are many other sites to attend to and maybe they are even worse.  We had power loss for about 4 hours but the generator kicked in just fine.
To help myself feel better I pulled out the peaches that I froze last August and proceeded to make us a peach cobbler. 
It was finished just in time to share with the trash pickup man. Of course the Mister had a bite to taste as well.
MY WORK AREA
click on image to view larger

Easy Peach Cobbler

Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peach slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)

Preparation

Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir).
Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.

2 comments:

  1. I swear I leave your blog salivating and wanting coffee. I wouldn't mind living where you live at this stage of my life but I suppose I could be living in a worse place so I'll just shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete