Followers

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Down the Road.....

The Starucca Viaduct stone arch bridge is about 15 miles from where we live. "Access Aerial, Photographic Services & Equipment" of Jessup, PA took these pictures. They are UAV, aka Drone, enthusiasts that live in northeast Pennsylvania. 

The pictures are a true taste of the area where I live. It's called the "Endless Mountains." Just GOOGLE to learn more about this bridge that was built in 1847-1848. It was the largest stone rail viaduct in the mid-19th century and is still in use.

Starruca Viaduct, Pennsylvania, 1865, by Jasper Francis Cropsey
Click on image to view larger

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there is a bridge like that anywhere around here. Maybe in the western part of the state.
    I also want to thank you for all your comments on YouTube. I just upload them so I can post them on blogger. I never check anything there after I've uploaded. I was just messing around with YouTube when I discovered all your comments So once again Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bridge is amazing - a real work of art.

    ReplyDelete