Followers

Friday, June 11, 2021

Planning Ahead

Would you believe that I had a hard time sleeping last evening because of thoughts of future rural mail deliveries? WHY, why do I do this? I always have planned ahead and the situation of getting my mail in the future was gobbling all of my sleep time.

It is due to the mailbox being across the dirt road, just in front of our cabin. The Mister in the past was getting it each day using a cane. Then he went to using the golf car. Next he was backing the car out of the driveway and pulling right up to the box and driving back into the carport.  He has this 'thing' about bringing it in everyday right after the postal delivery is made. Even when there is nothing in the box, he has checked it anyway. It's not like there is anything really important in there that can't wait for another day. Sooooooo, now I'm getting the mail since he no longer is able.  I use my cane and check it every day - just because. Yes, I sometimes have outgoing mail. Who doesn't? 

We do have electronic transfers made for important stuff, not all, but many.  No, we don't have magazines or newspapers, except for the local "Weekender" and the local "Shopper" delivered. I cannot stop them from coming. There are junky ads that are addressed to "Resident" that arrive. Then, there were so many political pieces! Thank goodness that has calmed down for a while. 

I called the post office this morning with the thought that there might be a delivery and pick-up method that would work better for us besides having to depend on neighbors.  EUREKA! All I have to do is get a note from our physician that it is a hardship and the mail will be delivered to the door in a mailbox attached to the house.  

Now I can ponder another situation that might need to be solved before it arrives and I'll lose more sleep. Oh well.... 

please tap on image to view larger

He is not home yet - update coming soon.




1 comment:

  1. That's a god-send!! I didn't know they did that. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete