Followers

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Saturday Happenings

The Mister fell AGAIN this morning as he was walking cross the living room to the kitchen to refill the humidifier container. It seems that when he is carrying something in one hand it puts his balance off enough to cause the fall. This time a nasty elbow skin tear. Lots of blood. He simply does NOT pay attention and moves along without thinking. He did not trip! He just fell over. I watched it happen. DANG do I EVER HATE cleaning up the bloody messes. I have to move a kitchen chair next to him so he can pull himself up to a standing position. 

Today it's raining and I have been busy - before the fall - slicing and dicing fresh carrots and celery in prep for stew or soup or something. I also have a loaf of bread just out of the oven. It is the frozen style and bakes really well and is easy peasy! Rhodes is the brand. There are packs of either 3 or 5 frozen loaves in a bag. The cost is about $1.00 per loaf and it is very good!
Now back to nurse duty as most of the bleeding has stopped and  bandaging is required. See attached photos of injury.
Hangin' in here....Not a happy camper. 
tap on image for better view

4 comments:

  1. Nasty looking injury!! No stitches required? I'd be taking him to ER if it were Bud. Of course here in the subtropics, infections are easier to "catch".

    I use Rhoades too, once in a while. (I just put banana nut bread in the oven).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skin tears really don't need stitches. Skin becomes so thin & fragile as we age. I’m glad the skin flap is intact. By covering it with a non-stick pad it should heal nicely.

      Delete
  2. Hope Ed is ok. That’s a nasty cut. But the bread looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I am sorry this happened again. I know you are taking good care of him. And feeding him well, for sure!

    ReplyDelete