Easy Peasy. I had all of the ingredients and even an eye dropper. EYE DROPPER? Yep, you will soon know why.
please click on image to taste the goodness
Molasses Crinkle Cookies
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
- Cream the shortening and the brown sugar. Stir in the egg and molasses and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture and mix well. Cover and chill dough for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 °. Grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper.
- Roll dough into balls the size of large walnuts. *Roll balls in sugar and place 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for one minute before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- *OR just dip tops in sugar and sprinkle cookies with 2-3 drops of water each for a crinkled surface. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Let cool for one minute before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling. (This is what I did.)
Yum yum 🍪ReplyDelete