Baked and glazed
Sliced with electric knife
Served to Mister
|please click on image to view larger|
He said it is the best and most delicious blueberry concoction I have ever made! (I didn't use nuts)
Blueberry Lemon Bread
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD: 1 loaf
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I used freshly squeezed that I had frozen earlier)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (If using frozen blueberries use without thawing to avoid coloring the batter.)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon zest.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely.
(I lined my pan with Release foil instead of greasing it. The foil was later put under the loaf to catch the drippings before spooning the glaze over the top.)UPDATE! The trash collector took his slice home to eat with his dinner, the Mister ate 2 pieces after lunch, I ate one, and at 4PM our daughter visited and ate 2 more! They are going F A S T!!