Followers

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Baking Day

Feeling Susie Homemaker today so baked a new recipe. I have been saving this for a long time and today is THE DAY.
Baked and glazed
 Sliced with electric knife
 Test slice
 Served to Mister
please click on image to view larger
He said it is the best and most delicious blueberry concoction I have ever made! (I didn't use nuts)
RECIPE
Blueberry Lemon Bread

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling   YIELD: 1 loaf
Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I used freshly squeezed that I had frozen earlier)
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (If using frozen blueberries use without thawing to avoid coloring the batter.)
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
  • GLAZE:
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup sugar
Directions
  • 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon zest.
  • 2. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
  • 3. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely.
(I lined my pan with Release foil instead of greasing it. The foil was later put under the loaf to catch the drippings before spooning the glaze over the top.)

UPDATE! The trash collector took his slice home to eat with his dinner, the Mister ate 2 pieces after lunch, I ate one, and at 4PM our daughter visited and ate 2 more! They are going F A S T!!

2 comments:

  1. I can see why they're disappearing so fast...looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hootin' Anni (love the name), but the more I looked at the bread, the more I started to drool on the desk, SO, I've copied your recipe (named it after you, of course) and can't wait to try this after these darn surgeries are finished. Now excuse me while I look for a tissue ;)

    ReplyDelete