Followers

Monday, April 2, 2018

Spring Climbing

This year, we'll bring in the six foot stepladder from the shed for the dusting and washing of items high up at both ends of the cabin. We used to have one of us climb up, hand down an item - one at a time - to the person at the bottom. Then these would all be hand-washed and the beam and cupboard top completely dusted and made clean until next year. One by one they will be handed up and put back in their former position.  Each and every thing up there has a story! I took the photos to be able to really see where each has its place because now,  sometimes I forget and I like them set up exactly as they were before being cleaned. It has to be as it was or is upsetting. Yes, I'm weird, so? Think "Monk."
As neither one of us will be climbing that ladder any longer, we have had several offers from others to fill in. OK!       please click on image to view larger
  

1 comment:

  1. I love your home! The painting in the lower left hand corner of the third photo looks so much like one of my dads paintings. He watched Bob Ross on PBS who would whip out a landscape painting in less than a half hour. My dad said, "I can do that." My sister picked up on this and bought him oil paints and he was off and running. My dad was a very talented man. He was a wiz at the piano as well.

    ReplyDelete