Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Card Saver

Yes, I save greeting cards, and some invitations, thank you notes and letters from special friends.

Today I tore apart the box I keep these in and reorganized the collection. It took me ALL morning. I can't remember when I started saving these and it has not been very long, except for the thank you notes - I have always saved them.

I divided them into sections in a file box. Some categories are: "Friends," Thank You's," then one for each of my living offspring, "Close Relatives," "Wedding, shower, and birth notifications."

After I'm gone I hope someone will enjoy seeing these beautiful and very decorative and/or simple cards that friends and family have sent. There is something very special when the time is taken to buy or make a missal, sit down and sign it, sometimes with a nice note, and address the envelope and get it to the mailbox. If someone doesn't look at them in years later, well at least I had a wonderful time this morning reviewing and enjoying the thoughts of them all! PLUS, some are either too pretty or too funny or too inspirational to throw away. I couldn't do it.
by Tyler Spangler

1 comment:

  1. I'm a collector of sorts and I have been doing something similar. I came across 3 Life magazines from the early 1960's, a whole bunch of Mad magazines that I used to collect, some old rock magazines, as in rock and roll. I won't even mention the comic books! Oy!

    ReplyDelete