Followers

Friday, April 27, 2018

Zucchini SUPREME!

A rainy morning activity and a good sense of accomplishment is today's tale. The Mister serviced his snow thrower and rearranged the interior of the shed to put it in the back area. I was slicing and dicing and preparing the pan of goodness. This recipe was given to me by a farming neighbor many many years ago and I now make it about twice a year. It never seemed to be as a labor intensive project but that is probably because I'm not as ginger as I once was.  You just cannot go wrong with this dish! 
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
RECIPE - ZUCCHINI SUPREME

4 C Water
6 C Sliced zucchini —I used shredded & pre-frozen from daughter's garden
1 C Shredded carrot
1/4 C Chopped onion
1 tsp. Salt
1 can (103/4 oz.) Cream of mushroom soupI used cream of chicken
1 C Sour cream
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Pepper
4 C Seasoned stuffing croutons
1/2 C Butter, melted

Bring water to boil. Add zucchini, carrots, onion and salt. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender - then drain.

Combine croutons and butter.

Place HALF of the crouton mixture in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.

In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, garlic powder
and pepper. * Fold into the vegetable mix.

Put this mixture in the baking dish.
Top it with the remaining crouton mixture.

Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown.

* Note - sautéed country sausage and/or sautéed mushrooms may be added to this. I added both this time and topped it with a small amount of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

I also lined my baking dish with Release Foil.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>


please click on image to see the goodness

4 comments:

  1. I love zucchini in my Italian dishes (even pizza) so this will most likely be a favorite around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This contains everything I love and it sounds so delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pass me down a piece. I brought the vino. Can I pour you a glass?

    ReplyDelete