Followers

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Push

Still I have not much energy or stamina but I have GRIT. I WILL have a turkey dinner on Thursday. It WILL be prepared and simplified in three days, this being Day 1. That's my plan.

I've made the corn casserole and it can be warmed over before serving. I've made the stuffing and it can be warmed over before serving as well. I've made one pie - traditional recipe pumpkin and baked in my homemade graham cracker crust. I have Cool Whip to give it a dollop when served.
That's it for today. 
Click on image to view larger
Day 2 will be preparing mashed potatoes. They can be warmed over before serving.

Day 3 - THE DAY will be the roasting of the 12 pound turkey and gravy to be made. Actually, this is the easiest part. The applesauce will be served warm, the fresh cider cold. (note to me from me: Remember to thaw it.)

Thanksgiving Day is going to be a day of thanks for all we have and the ability to still enjoy whatever that may be. There is so much else to be thankful for and we definitely are. We have fine family and fine friends. We have support and love. To simplify it we also have a secure roof over our heads, water, heat, and are fortunate compared to many others. We've enjoyed the opportunity of having freshly home grown strawberries, onions, string beans, tomatoes, corn, melon, cabbage, peaches, cucumbers, eggplant, red and yellow peppers, squash, pumpkin, apples in this order throughout the months past and this is our harvest festival celebration.

Celebrate with us in your own way as you sit at your table and enjoy your day!
(Turkey photos may be coming in a couple of days.)



No comments:

Post a Comment