Followers

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Mushrooms

I don't know why, but mushrooms have always fascinated me. I think it is the fact that they are so varied in nature and seem to grow so fast! I LOVE to eat the edibles but am afraid to try to distinguish them so the grocer benefits. I have posted many others several times before today, but these are home-grown.

One day there is a large one on the lawn and the next day it has totally collapsed. The squirrels nibble on some, and the birds land on others. I'm not the only critter that likes mushrooms!
These grow right in front of the cabin!
...................................
A few of my previously photographed and posted below:
Agaricomycetidae Gill Subclass

Boletaceae - Bolete Family

Giant Birch Polypore

Puffball

click on image to view larger

2 comments:

  1. they are the coolest things. the puffballs are always so weird to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I don't share your enthusiasm for mushrooms. Oddly, they keep sprouting up in the soil of my houseplant. Other than yanking them out, I'm really not sure what else to do to get rid of them. Oh well... :)

    ReplyDelete