Followers

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Skimmer

Even though I tried not to bring SC critters to PA I may have done just that!  They do look alike, don't they? 

Seriously, this fellow landed on my chunk of slag glass that I had put on the front porch table. He wouldn't move - I think because it is too cool. Yes, I said too COOL. (55°) How wonderful it is to be cool. I poked him but no reaction happened. 

Well, since I saw him I had to have his picture.  The SC and the PA pretties are very similar, don't you think?

Pennsylvania Skimmer Picture Today
Maybe he liked the raindrops?
South Carolina Skimmer May Picture
click on image to view larger

4 comments:

  1. Excellent captures...yep, me thinks he followed you to PA!!!

    Oh, and Ms. G.............congrats on the new family member!!! Your g-grandson is just too precious for words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've seen those insects before. I didn't know they were called skimmers. I mean we have skimmers around here but that's a whole different subject.

    ReplyDelete