Followers

Monday, July 11, 2022

Ants

As much as I hate the carpenter ants that we have to spray and eliminate every year, I love my funky curtains and tablecloth that I made many years ago for the cabin's summertime decor! This is a red and white checkered picnic print with monster-sized ants crawling randomly all over. The first image is a close up of the exact fabric.

It is a novelty cotton set that has been lovingly stored for many years and I pulled them out today. I didn't plan to put up the side panels as I like to look out the window without them. It was a project as I had to iron the old things, and I don't have an ironing board anymore! A towel on the kitchen counter worked OK, though. I'll just bet you don't have a 36 year old steam iron like mine! The cord was 8 feet long, thank goodness! Vintage Black & Decker Light 'n Easy Steam Dry Iron 1986. Found one on e-Bay to show you. Exactly like mine.  
So.....Here is my summer dining decor.

Patriotic Ants!

3 comments:

  1. I have your iron beat!! Got it for a wedding gift...54 years ago. Love the charm of your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your checkered print cloth and curtains are perfect for a cheery summer time day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love the colors and patterns! It sets off the room real nice!

    ReplyDelete