Followers

Monday, December 7, 2020

Trees in my Kitchen

Last night I took a couple of photos of my old ceramic tree. It was a gift, made by a friend in 1972. She signed it.  It comes out of the closet every year but I haven't hung any little decorations on it, yet.

It took me all morning to bake the cookies but the cookie tree was formed. Seventy two!  Well, we did munch up 3 or four.  -each-  I used my mother's old recipe. I don't remember it taking all morning, though. Now I have enough to share. I rolled them in raw sugar before baking and they actually sparkle and have a little extra crunch as well. 

click on image to view larger

Peanut Butter Cookies from Grandma's Recipe Collection


Sift together - 

2 C flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/8 tsp salt


Blend well before adding flour mixture -

1 C peanut butter

2 C brown sugar (packed)

1/2 C butter (1 stick) I said BUTTER!! (Don't melt!)

2 eggs


Add -

1 tsp pure vanilla

1/2 C whole milk 


Cool dough in refrigerator for a bit, then teaspoon 12 scoops to an ungreased cookie sheet.  (I used parchment paper and I rolled them in a bowl of turbinado sugar before baking)


Bake - 350° oven 11-12 minutes depending on how crunchy you like them. The less time in the oven the chewier they are!


After baking, let them rest a bit before removing from sheet to rack to cool.. 


Makes about 5—6 dozen, depending on size.






3 comments:

  1. Warm from the oven peanut butter cookies while looking at the tree lights...life could not be any better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tree in your kitchen. Your cookies look wonderful. Now you can have a coffee with a cookie and enjoy your tree, wish I could join you. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete