Followers

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Scissors


The Mister sometimes talks in his sleep. The other night he said, “Where are the scissors?” Well, that question prompted me to thinking about just where the scissors are. So this story is about my many scissors. 

First, there is a heavy duty pair on the hot water heater console by the back door. These are used for both outdoor and indoor kitchen jobs. They are also handy to open boxes and containers. There is a scissor hanging on the wall over the kitchen sink that I use mostly for cutting foods and parchment paper.
The pair that is kept in the golf car are ones I grab when I see a wildflower or something interesting on a roundabout ride. They are actually electrician's wire cutters!
There is a barber-type scissor in the living room sewing cabinet along with pinking shears and an antique buttonhole pair.
The “Fibber Magee” closet has a pair in my wire crafting toolbox. They cut but maybe not to be considered as scissors. oh well...
The chest in the dining room has two in the top drawer for just about any use. Sometimes I just use the little ones to poke holes.
The bathroom cabinet contains two tiny scissors which are handy to nip hang nails or long hairs found where they don’t belong.
In my bedroom, I have a small tabletop cabinet where I keep my crafting and computer supplies and tools. You can imagine that these get plenty of use!
How many scissors do you have in your home? I count at least 17!
please click on image to view larger

1 comment:

  1. Let's see, I have to think. Cuticle, pinking shears, my expensive shears, two for hair (one is thinning scissors), 3 in the kitchen. That's all I can think of. Is that 8?

    ReplyDelete