Followers

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Beach Friends

With the hurricane "Florence" approaching the east coast and seeming to hone in on SC I'm reminded of the anxiety and preparations. The anxiety sits like a heavy stone in my stomach even today. Some of the best times of our life were the ones at the beach with our friends. Now more are gone, yes died; Cliff, Charlie, Keith, Max, Joe, Lloyd, and others we knew so well. Some remain, like us, but don't travel there any more. The campground permanent resident friend Cindi isn't up to par, Jackie is ill. It can be depressing. Patty and Dave of Ohio are there now and Linda is home recuperating from knee surgeries. Cheryl was to leave to go down but is holding off until the hurricane is gone.

*Four years ago I lamented loosing so many of our friends and here I am again remembering them and others. Sure wish more of you could have had the wonderful relationships we have had with our beach friends. Sure wish I wouldn't fear for the health and welfare of those who are left. I sure wish for a lot - don't I? Well why not! When you are old you reminisce a lot. It happens.

*link to that story. Beach Friends


3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I just lost another good friend last week. There are maybe a handful my age left at my park; all baby boomers now, but they watch over us old timers.I am so fortunate to still be able to go south for 6 mo. of winter. Fly out Oct. 23rd. Will feel very strange that Jean will not be in Naples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have such fond memories, friends. And sharing these beautiful people with us makes my evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I realize that health is the greatest gift of all. Thanks for all the pictures. It's so good to see friends. Myrtle Beach holds so many memories, good times and good friends.

    ReplyDelete