Followers

Monday, March 7, 2016

The Finish Line

Except for trying to figure out what to do with the old family post cards, dozens of cabinet cards and studio portraits that are mounted on hard board, I'm just about finished with the rejuvenation of the old photo albums and the creation of two more. I did not enjoy doing this at all, I will admit. 

Got a kick out of this 1917 photo, though. My mother is near the bottom of the stairs and the bottom is completely covered with onions from the garden drying in the sun! It was written on the back!
And this one of my dad. Handsome devil wasn't he? GOOD MAN!
I even found these but they weren't marked as to when or who. I could make a guess on the face similarity of the woman and then could surmise the man is her husband and the child is her daughter and the photos were taken before her son, my grandfather was born. A guess is just a guess, though. I'll never know for sure. They are called Carte de visite photos. See link to explain below.


Click on image to view larger

Click on links below to learn more about old photograph cards 


3 comments: