Followers

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Restless

I feel the need to create something but my energy in that area has disappeared.  It may be due to a very annoying eye issue. I have had dry eye for several years. Now it is flared and all treatments suggested by doctors and friends don't seem to be helping much at all. Two visits to optometrist within a month haven't made a bit of difference. This has caused me to feel quite angry at my eye! Durn eye! Stop stinging, burning, scratching. How can I get back on track? Right now I'm wearing sunglass clip-ons over my closeup glasses, along with the brightness of the computer turned way down. 

So, here I am thinking about taking a break from researching, reading, posting. Yes, I have put out my yarn wreath that was a 1984 gift from one of "my" 4-H'ers. Yes, I managed to get the ceramic Christmas tree out of the closet and set up (without ornaments) in front of the kitchen window, It was a gift to me and marked inside with the date 1972 from a friend who is long gone. My brother's six glass ornaments hang in the other double windows. I have trapped 8 mice outside by the side door. 

My daughters want to know what I'd like for Christmas. I would like world peace. They can't give me that! There is nothing else that I can think of.  My status quo living in the old cabin is comforting as nothing else could be. 

If you don't hear from me for a while, be sure I'm trying to perk up - to not worry, to be satisfied. I'm fortunate in many ways that even you cannot imagine. 

1 comment: