Followers

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Carry On...

In spite of very annoying pain, irritation and vision problems, I try to get one project either started or finished each day. I do have a routine first. I have breakfast; watch early news and weather on TV, make bed and then personal care. I'm ready to go.... Oops, refill humidifier and check mousetrap in carport. (Today #3 was the tally so far.) 

I usually plan the day ahead regarding a project. The 2nd visit to the optometrist yesterday after an episode of stuck eyelid last week resulted in the same ole, same ole...dry eye. Quite severe. A nighttime lubricant being one of the treatments to add to my already daily treatment of drops and hot compresses and a Bruder mask; computer screen brightness turned way down and sunglass flippers when outdoors. I do it all. 

Today I baked. I baked two loaves of cinnamon bread. Recipe at end here. High level project due to dishwashing and cleaning my mess. Result? WOW!  Would I do it again? Nope. I have been wanting to bake this for at least two years. Good results.

I suggest slicing with an electric knife.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cinnamon Bread

Ingredients

For The Batter:

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups buttermilk or homemade buttermilk— 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
  • 4 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda

For The Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture:

  • 2/3 cups sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon

How To Make Cinnamon Bread

Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs. Add milk, flour, and baking soda. Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan). Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon.
Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter in each pan. Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick tester comes clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan. Makes 2 loaves.

2 comments:

  1. I admire you for your planning ahead. I need to work on that. Your cinnamon bread looks delicious. Definitely good results. I can’t help making a mess when I bake. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on trying the one project a day. The bread looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete