Followers

Friday, November 10, 2023

Friday Odd Jobs

Today, feeling a bit trapped because yesterday my buggy left home for storage in a warm place. It will be returned next year, checked over, serviced and cleaned. Now the snowblower can be brought out of the shed and ready for activity. I hope not too much activity, though. Yard guy is always busy with shoveling and plowing places around the lake. Here he uses my equipment because I have a very short driveway and it is easier than the truck or SUV with attached plow.

The dehumidifier is filled every day and today it needed a good cleaning. The chalkboard needed my nap hours re-posted on a cleaner surface. The request sign was placed at the porch entrance for folks to please use the side door. That is because I move the antique rocking chair to the inside area in front of the front door. There is a reason for all I do. The chair blocks the heater from sending warmth when it is between my place at the table and its usual place beside the heater.

The decorative pumpkin gift from a granddaughter has been bagged and stored.

On Monday a 8.5 lb. fully cooked spiral-sliced bone-in ham should arrive here. It is for my local daughter's Thanksgiving family dinner. I'll stay home, not really liking so much activity nowadays. She'll save me some and especially the bone. Yes! I do love the pea soup I make with that bone. The ham comes frozen and takes three days to thaw so there is time before the dinner needs to be ready. This is hickory smoked and cured along with sweet brown sugar. It is so much less work than the usual turkey.

P.S.
Oh, and breaking in new shoes not fun.

2 comments:

  1. Ham for Thanksgiving sounds great - and easy. I’m noy hosting this yeat. Will fix a dish to take to my sister’s. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ham does sound like a great idea as I also like to make pea soup with plenty over to freeze. Ham and turkey are also at lower prices over the holidays with so many dishes I like to cook.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete