Followers

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Mixed Bag

First of all, my eye is still giving me grief. No matter what regimen I have tried, none has helped much. In spite of this, every day I aim to accomplish at least one project, be it large or small. Today was James 2 and the removal of his autumn leaf garland. My daughter found a piney one with cones and red berries at a garage sale and it has been attached. It was a finger-freezing. 'do not fall' project and I am on the lookout for a large red plastic ribbon to complete the job. James #1 is not decorated at all - at least at this point. No good pictures of James 2 yet, road too muddy to go out there to snap 'em.

Two days ago I kept busy cooking down the Thanksgiving ham bone and then freezing the works so I could skim off the fat that accumulates on the top before adding the split peas. Then yesterday the peas were added and the brew kept on low for many hours with frequent stirs. Two quarts were the final yield and they are in the freezer.
The ice covered the lake for only one day and then it warmed up and melted. I hoped the geese were gone, but they still remain. 

Today I will do some upgrading of paperwork and 2024 clendar marking with birthdays, anniversaries, etc.  I'm seriously considering to not create or buy and send holiday cards this year via USPS. 

Pretty soon the daily sunset will be coming later and I look forward to that.  The good thing is that everyday the view through my windows is changing. Can you see how beautiful it is through the image my neighbor took?

Oh, yes I am only a little crazy with my computer creations. I like to escape once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment