Followers

Monday, December 11, 2023

Done and Done

Gonna put this one back in the box. Tried out a recipe I found on the internet that was a vintage one from Woman's Day magazine of yesteryear. The picture along with the title screamed, 'Make me! Make Me! I did just that.

Yesterday I put the ingredients together and stored the two loaves of dough in the refrigerator overnight. Today I baked.

Tops above, bottoms below. 
Unfortunately they didn't have any butterscotch flavor at all! I was disappointed. Now I have decided to add a squiggle or two of icing to perk them up a bit. I might even use almond flavoring in the icing even though they contain walnuts and vanilla already. Othewise they are fine, but just not very tasty. Sometimes you learn from your losses more than you learn from your successes. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes I do read your blogs and enjoy them Patty my computer is not working and when I comment on the blogs it comes up as anonymous

    ReplyDelete