Followers

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Splurge


Have been thinking about ordering some fresh lobster claws for a very long time. I once had tasted them at my granddaughter's wedding in 2014. The person sitting next to me at the table made a pig of himself and scarfed up almost every one that was served as an appetizer. I remember they were cold and you were supposed to dip them in the melted butter. Well I did get a taste anyway but at the time would have liked to tried more.

I've procrastinated ordering from the internet as the site I found showed how costly they are. Also the shipping fees were high. This company in Maine has been in business for many years. I worked at looking and deciding and then choosing my item. When I got to the end of filling out all of the information, the site kept jumping back to the same page and wouldn't go through. After being frustrated, I just thought it was me and decided not to try more times. Then I remembered seeing a phone number so I called and presented my problem. The fellow tried and couldn't get it to process either. He offered to place the order for me. Now I was getting antsy about the entire thing. I bit the bullet and gave him all of the information needed and he placed the order for me. A confirmation e-mail came. BUT...I still was feeling hinky about it all; worried about being hacked or taken advantage of.  

Yesterday, it was delivered. There was a note on the foam box top that said he was sorry for all of the hassle. NOW....instead of 1 lb. of frozen lobster claws and knuckles....the product was 2 lbs. of fresh lobster claws and knuckles. The cost was the same as the first order with even a $9.00 discount! Guess I made out fine, ya think? 

2 comments:

  1. It's good to be old and persistent

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a good deal! You always need to be careful with scammers.

    ReplyDelete