Followers

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Maple Syrup Chewies

My brother has made maple syrup for many years and always shares with me and others. We sure do enjoy it in many different ways. Today I used a recipe I found in my folder and have never made before. It was time. Now we don't usually like coconut stuff but I followed the directions to a "T." Yep! They were chewy, a bit crunchy and very wonderful. Oooooo YES! (Hints: keep your dough in the refrigerator between batches and use parchment paper.)

RECIPE
Chewy Maple Cookies
Ingredients:

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flaked coconut

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375°. Grease cookie sheets.
In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, syrup, and vanilla until well mixed.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Stir in coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.

click on image to view larger

Link to older blog-How Brother Makes Syrup

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sure these are so good! I love coconut and maple syrup. I am going to have to start a new section in my notebook just for your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eliminate the coconut & they'd be good.

    ReplyDelete