Followers

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Photo Fail - Meal Success

Dang! I forgot to change the camera settings from winter/landscape to auto when I took photos last night of my quiche. That will teach me. I had left the old settings after taking photos of the fishermen on the lake a few days ago. Now these foodie shots are fails. I did make one of each very small so you cannot see the terrible out-of-focus condition in which they really are. Lesson learned.

This was one of my very best quiche dishes. I cut up two buttered slices of Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse sourdough bread and lined the bottom of the dish. Then I spread thawed-drained-uncooked frozen spinach over the bread. Next I sprinkled onion powder and shredded Romano/Parmesan cheese over the spinach. Then - after beating 6 large home-produced eggs with 1/4 cup half and half together, the mixture was carefully poured over it all. The final touch was a complete covering of mozzarella cheese topped with paprika and basil. The dish was baked at 375° for 45 minutes. We think it was one of the tastiest ones I have made in a very long time.
Don't try to enlarge the images, you can't. Sorry for poor shots but you get the idea, I hope!

1 comment: