Followers

Monday, January 21, 2019

Cold Here...Project Started


After all, it is winter! I took these pictures at 7:34am from outdoors. The temps have not gone above 0° all day. Not even once, so...we stay in and find things to do.
I'm working on a 66 year old photo album that my daughter sent me for repairs. Well, actually a total tear down and build up again. The pages holding the pictures have disintegrated. It's a very messy project. The photos start in 1953 when I started dating her dad and end when she is 7 mos. old, before her siblings arrived in the family.  All I have completed so far is repair of the front and back covers, and cut paper to fit this 11.5" x 15" album. I need 30 new pages. Wouldn't you know that the paper I have from past projects is too large so I have to cut it down from its 12" x 18" measurements and leave enough to fold over a one inch side in which I'll punch 2 holes for strength before assembly. I do have corners for the photos which will have to be removed, cleaned and replaced on the new pages. I do have a set of post extenders to hold it all together. I have been procrastinating about this project for about three years and it is time to do it. I had forgotten that I gave it to her soon after she married. Her dad died 2016. 

6 comments:

  1. If anyone can do this project , it’s you. Sounds like very involved project. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...what a project! I hope you took a 'before' picture & share it when it's repaired. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...what a project! I hope you took a 'before' picture & share it when it's repaired. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...what a project! I hope you took a 'before' picture & share it when it's repaired. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete