Followers

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Burger Trial on New Frier

Last night we used the air frier to cook burgers. We really like having these frozen ones on hand and they are very flavorful. Usually the Mister grills them on the outdoor propane grill. He likes a slice of cheese on his at the end of grilling; me none. We each eat only one. 
Internet images

Since the instruction manual gave no times nor temperature for frozen burgers, I called and the customer service lady checked a chart and told me 15 minutes at 350° flipping them over in the middle of timing. When I asked how done they would be she couldn't answer. We like our burgers medium rare. 

They came out perfect! I put his slice of cheese on his burger when placing it on the roll. However, there was a bit of cleanup that we don't have when using the outdoor grill and there was no 'smoky' taste but they were done very much to our liking.

I let the basket and pan cool over night. The basket with the perforated parchment paper had a little hardened fat and the bottom pan had a bit more. I took a paper towel to remove most of it before washing out with detergent and hot water. It cleaned up nicely. (The instruction booklet suggested lining the pan with foil.) That would have helped with the cleanup. Guess I missed that suggestion!

I plan to try baking a couple of Russet potatoes next... stay tuned. 

Homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert!
please click on image to view larger

4 comments:

  1. LoL glad it's keeping u busy and happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having success and fun learning results. I dont think I'll invest in one, tho. There's only me and can't haul it back and forth on plane. 💞

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bake potatoes in the microwave. 8 minutes. While two are cooking, I peel an avocado dice tomatoes chop lettuce & make Pico De Gallo sauce, top it all with cheese. And that is our dinner. Now, I'm like the 'mister'...I like cheese on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use a flavorwave. Love it!

    ReplyDelete