Followers

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Eighty Two

It started out to be a day with new snow on the ground and still coming down. Our plan was to go grocery shopping as usual, every two weeks. We don't travel during bad weather as we can always go a day or two later, but wouldn't you know it suddenly cleared up and we left for the 29 mile one-way trip. After arrival home and putting it all away I checked the phone, and sure enough phone message greetings were left with promises to call later. The calls did come later in the day. Earlier nice cards had arrived via snail mail. I received a couple of e-mail messages saying the card was in the mail, sorry to be late, and quite a few greetings in private messages on Facebook. I really appreciate these cards and greetings no matter what methods were used to convey them to me. Thank you all friends and family!

Today I purchased a container of large cinnamon buns that looked soooo good! The checker put the package sideways instead of flat in my cloth shopping bag. Of course, it was one of the last ones I opened when we were home putting things away. The container had leaked out gooey sticky stuff all over the bottom of the bag. I washed it and put it by the propane heater to dry when only the fan was blowing and the fire was out. I forgot about it until I smelled something burning - well melting not actually burning. Yikes! What a mess then! Apparently it had sucked up to the front and stuck. Guess we'll have to wait until June when we have the heater serviced and see if the technician can get the stuff off.
We split one for lunch and they sure were tasty! 
Now I must tell you about a special card that was hand-delivered! My brother-in-law and I have exchanged birthday cards for many years. He bought one, mailed it and two days later it was returned to him for postage due; $3.00 postage due!
It seems that it is a surcharge for non-bendable cards according to his postmaster.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How are “rigid” letter-size greeting cards priced?
Greeting cards can be classified as “rigid” if it cannot bend and is less than:
  • 11-1/2" x 6-1/8" x 1/4" thick 
  • 3.5 ounces
If they meet these conditions, they will be charged the standard postage rate, plus a non-machinable surcharge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you know that? The card was great and I really appreciate his efforts to get it to me!
This card actually measured 81/4" x 53/4" I don't know what it weighed.

 When I pressed on the spot, "press here" it played  "Feels Good" as the dog scratches his neck and his ear swings when bumped by his paw.  Funny!
Well, I wagged my tail very hard today!

To view the buns and heater larger please click on an image




2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday my friend! Wow 29 miles one way! You can't swing a dead cat, if that's your idea of a good time, without hitting a supermarket around here. A Wegman's just opened across the street from a store my former company closed in 2014 plus three others within a stones throw. This is not to mention two others that closed in the last ten years. The supermarket business is very competitive around here and there are about 56,000 people within the city limits. As I get older I'd much rather live in an area as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! I hope it was a wonderful day for you. Isn't it nice getting those Happy Birthday phone calls, and other messages? Really feels good!

    Love the card from your brother-in-law, it made me smile too. Good that he took the extra effort to see that you got it.

    I'm just stopping in to say hi and see how you're doing. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete