Followers

Monday, June 26, 2017

Again! PB Cookies...

WE LIKE CHEWY Peanut Butter Cookies!
Here is a REALLY GOOD CHEWY Recipe.
"Tried and true" best peanut butter cookies - EVER!

Peanut Butter Cookies from My Grandma's Recipe Collection
Sift together - 
2 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

Blend well before adding flour mixture -
1 C peanut butter
2 C brown sugar
1/2 C butter (1 stick) or... 1/4 C butter and 1/4 C Crisco
2 eggs

Add -
1 tsp pure vanilla
1/2 C whole milk 

Cool dough in refrigerator for a bit, then teaspoon 12 scoops to an ungreased cookie sheet. * Parchment paper makes them too soft.  Sometimes I don't roll them into a ball and flatten with a sugared fork, because I don't feel it is necessary, but you can if you wish!

Bake - 350° oven 9-12 minutes depending on how crunchy you like them. The less time in the oven the chewier they are!

After baking, let them rest a bit before removing from sheet to racks to cool; then later put into containers.

Makes about 4 dozen, depending on size.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy....you and me both!!! I'd prefer ANY cookie to be chewy. And PB cookies are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete