Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Dream Farm


My niece, who lives in Delaware and is a practicing equine veterinarian now has her very own farm. It has been a dream of hers since she was very young and now that dream has come true. She has worked extremely hard to achieve her goals and now is enjoying the results of these endeavors.

At age 40 it is a huge accomplishment and I'm so very proud of her. Her equestrian abilities are constantly being honed and she has her own horse to boot! ...and a cat or two.

She's been a partner in an equine clinic practice since June, 1999. She completed her undergrad at Rutgers University and her graduate degree at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. She has been involved in standardbred breeding since her undergraduate days, working at a standardbred farm.

I've been pestering her for photos of her farm and she tells me that is is located in quite a remote area and she doesn't have internet service there. Well, imaging my surprise when I saw the pictures she sent yesterday. She took them with her phone. It paid for me to pester!

Here ya go! (I proceeded to make some of my digital computer "creations" with them. Those are at the end of this story.)        
please click on photos for larger view


The pipe dream is now reality





2 comments: