Followers

Monday, August 14, 2023

Surprises

Today my daughter brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers from her garden. She also brought me yellow and green beans and a container of her ziti for my dinner. 

She took a walk up to the old rock garden to see how things were growing up there and came back with great news! A poppy has opened and several others will soon.....Would you believe it?? Of course I had to get up there on the buggy and get a picture. 
Have a closer look.....
This is the tomato that will provide seeds for next year's crop. My NJ daughter is going to try saving seeds too for the first time.
Not least but last....My clothespin project is almost finished. It needs a coat of shellac or clear varnish to solidify the unit more permanently. It was a very difficult project as the old clothespins were quite warped. I was going to paint it white but decided I like the wooden shades better. It has better character naturally.  One of the skirt feathers fell out and I glued it back in backwards. Toooo late to change it now! Can you spot it?
                          tap on image to view larger

1 comment: