Followers

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Green

In between raindrops today, I rode to the old "rock garden," where the daffodils give me so much pleasure in the spring, to check on how things were growing. A friend had given me three or four of her Chinese Lanterns  as I was bemoaning the fact that I haven't seen any up there where they used to grow. I poked the gift of young plants into the old soil of the planter and have been watching them thrive. I have two of those "planters" because they were left-over pieces of plastic pipe from years ago when a drain was constructed by the Mister and a couple of neighbor men. They (the pipe planters) have no bottoms. Today, what did I see? The pictures below tell the story. Success! I intend to clip them for indoor autumn decorations. One has already turned orange. I expect them to go from that stage into a see-through bloom with a berry in the middle. 

Above photo from internet. https://gardenerspath.com
Do you possibly remember that I tossed poppy seeds in the other planter? See what happened then (June 12) and then see what today brought!
I didn't think there would be buds or flowers until next year!
Just a few zinnias are growing. Weeds took over for a while until I had my yard guy pull some of them. There should have been many more zinnias.  Oh well... I sure hope they bloom before a frost because I hope to cut a few to dry. 
I just started to work on a new project. Final pictures soon if it stays together!

1 comment: