Followers

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Had a Nice Day!


Yesterday the lake was treated again for pond weed. *At first I don’t know what they were doing just circling and moving but finally the airboat spraying of the aquatic herbicide began.  Henry watched the operation from the porch while I took pictures. This is the only time a motorized boat is allowed on our lake. Lake residents and guests use sailboats, canoes, paddle boats, kayaks, rowboats, boats with small battery operated motors and larger electric pontoon boats. 
*These photos are in the order that I took them.


For some reason, ALL of the geese left about two weeks ago. It happened as soon as the young ones began to fly. We are glad they’re gone. They usually leave after the first frost and sometimes in the past after ice has formed. This is a first-ever! The blue heron still visits every day. 

The grass has let up on its growth spurt and my flowers are all reaching their peak. I took a short ride and found that it is hydrangea time. The pollinating bees were covering them.
On my return home on a road leading from our neighboring lake area, I saw that the farmer has taken a lunch break.
This nearby sign caught my attention.
To view images larger, please click on one.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics and observations - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this! A beautiful, sunny day with lots of activity & beauty!

    ReplyDelete