Followers

Monday, April 1, 2019

The Cookie Baker is Home

Since I can't play outdoors until it stops flurrying and being so winter-like, I found some gumption and baked cookies. Seventy-two to be exact! The recipe says yield would be about 4 dozen. Well I got 6 dozen! The only thing I did differently this time was to use two cups of raisins and soak them overnight in a bowl to soften them. This project is labor intensive for me now, but soooo worth the effort. It is one of my very favorite recipes and so chewy and tasty. I should tell you that I always use an old recipe that I found on the lid many years ago. (Today's recipe is a bit different on the box. It calls for less butter.)  I used Quaker Oats Old Fashion Uncooked variety of oatmeal.
please click on image to view larger
So good warm from the oven!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly...this is my favorite cookie. Chewy, warm, and a piece of heaven. In today's time I use Stevia for a sweetener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nookworm hello I found you on Boston Boys blog, as I am a regular reader . So I hope you don't mind me popping by. I first came across Cookie making on Beths post a few years ago now. They are simply yummy. Love your Cookie Recipe .
    I am Sheila from the UK.
    Wishing you well .

    ReplyDelete