Followers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I Shot a Turkey!



Last night while washing supper dishes, for some reason I turned and looked out the living room window and saw this elusive turkey in my yard. I have been trying to get a shot of this little jake for a couple of weeks. He is an extremely cagey critter, always sees me first and dashes away. He usually comes to visit during the very early morning on grassy the side of the cabin. I would have to take his picture through the window that has a screen and that never works.

Well, they tell me the best shots are when you seize the moment so I dried off my soapy hands, snatched the camera and "viewfinder eyeglasses" and even turned the camera on before prancing quickly, in bare feet, to the front lawn and shot him! YES! Got him! 6:38 PM the deed was done. I'm so pleased to be able to share his visit with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment