Followers

Monday, April 17, 2023

The Good and the Bad

I took a buggy ride again, but didn't go very far as the storm clouds were threatening.

On the ride I picked up some items that were left at the edge of the road, assuming they were meant for trash, and went home to clean my new finds. After cleaning a while, the time got away from me and I went to the carport freezer for hot dog rolls. What did I find? OH OH!

The 9 year old died!  It turned into a clean-out and clean- up there!  I know it was working fine a couple of days ago as I brought in something for my dinner that time, but it was a shock to see this! Then the throw away and cleanup began. I did save my 6 half gallons of orchard cider but had to call a friend to take them home and store in their freezer for me. I know it could be saved and refrozen. Now don't suggest I call homeowner's insurance to file a claim. I KNOW it was not designed to be used in an outdoor area. It still was a shock. I don't think I'll replace it because I'm not making many large batches to freeze of anything like I used to. Getting rid of the old freezer may be a tricky project but I've already had indications of help when the time is right. 

It's a good thing that I was already using up everything as I have stopped frozen food deliveries due to the service charge. That's another story. 

I think that is three failures recently so no more can happen, of course! (The fireplace gas insert has a very noisy fan. OOOOOOO)

Time will tell.
 

2 comments:

  1. I can well relate to what you are going through. Just last fall our 18 year old freezer failed. the cleanup was a tremendous job and the loss of food was a huge financial loss.
    Your pictures are beautiful. I love the clouds. I am looking forward to more buggy rides with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey very sorry to hear about your freezer! Hope things get better! I can relate. I had one go myself one time. Very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete